Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Baseball Curtain Tie-Backs

My Boys' room is a vintage sports theme that is still underway. I do want I can and when I can. They are very active three year old boys that enjoy the game of baseball, basketball, football, etc. They love it all!

I wanted something that would tie back their curtains, so in the day-time I could have them pulled to the side to let some light in. With that being said, I also wanted something that tied in with the theme of their room. So, I thought of using the actual seams of the baseball and hold it together with a clip.


Materials Used: 
-2, old baseballs (Free, already had)
-2, 3/8in swivel eye bolt ($2.06 ea. @ Lowe's)
-E-6000 Glue  (already had)


Tools Needed:
-X-Acto Knife
-Scissors

First Step: Cut the seam of the baseball out, don't cut too close to the seams because you don't want them to unravel. It is best to leave more than enough of the baseball leather, and if need be you can trim later. Then, cut your piece of seam in half. Clean the back side of the seam strip by pulling all of the strings off. (I saved the inside of the ball for a possible future project).
 Second Step: Take one end of the seam and pull it through the bottom of the eye bolt. Then, bring it over and enclose the eye bolt with some of the E-600 glue. (I used a paper clip to secure it, until the glue dried).


 Third Step: Now measure the length that works best for holding up your curtain. (I just test wrapped it with creating a loop and closing off, then just marked the spot where to have the loop). Now glue your loop and cut excess seam strip. (I used a paper clip to secure it, until the glue dried).

Fourth Step: Tie-back your curtains.


No comments:

Post a Comment